Saturday, November 18, 2006

I cried....

Have you ever been so truly angry that you cried? And I realize that this is a level of furiosity that is almost uncomprehensible. Well, that happened to me today. Honerstly, I'd like to blame it on the whole after-giving-birth-horomone-thing, but really it's my sorry vanity and pride that led me to it.

Bug cut Peanut's hair...again. If you recall, he did it in March, too. In March I was just mad. He knew better and he disobeyed but I was just downright mad. But this time he outright defied my orders (do I sound like a sargent?) and he ruined my girl's gorgeous hair. Peanut is a pixie. She's cute and her hair was simply adorable. I mean ADORABLE!

And Bug cut it off at the pigtail at the top. Yes, he just snipped the whole thing off under the ponytail holder. Then he proceeded to cut the rest in like manner. On the way to the hair dresser's I cried in my car. Yes, I cried real alligator tears. And then I cried to my hubby. I know it's just hair. But it was beautiful hair. I mean it was gorgeous, blonde, curly hair. And she looked like a pixie. Now she looks like a pixie-boy.


8 comments:

cj said...

Peanut still looks beautiful. She has beautiful big blue eyes and a gorgeous grin. And, as you know only too well, the curly locks will grow back!

Anonymous said...

I also think she looks beautiful and Jenna, she is still smiling!!

Michelle D said...

I can understand you being heart broken over her hair no matter how beautiful she looks with it short. I would have cried too!

When I first saw the entry I looked at the picture first and thought,"What a cute haircut and it really suits her!" I know it doesn't help to say that because her hair was beautiful long too but now she has the unique, gorgeous look. They did a good job fixing it up because I would have never guessed that Bug hacked it up. It draws more attention to her sweet face.

Bug is a rascal! I did the same thing to my little sister's hair when we were real little. Maybe Bug should have some Barbie's to practice on if he wants to go into this profession!

The Mama of the House said...

You are all really nice. That's why you're my dear friends! :) To be fair, she is still beautiful. But I loved her long locks. I'm more vain than she is!

Suzann said...

I'm all on board with everyone. She looks precious but I understand your tears :)

Anonymous said...

the story goes that when my aunt Dorothy was three, she FINALLY had enough beautiful, fine, blond hair to put in a little brain on top of her hair. At dinner, Grandma said, "what a beautiful braid! I'd just like to keep it!" And my GRANDPA, a male, yes, but a grown man, jumped up, grabbed the scissors, cut it off and presented it to her. Argh!
At least Bug has more years to learn!

The Mama of the House said...

Okay, that's worse. If a grown man would do such a thing, well, he's clueless to say the least!

Leigh Hope Fountain said...

Wow. I haven't checked in for a while. She still looks ADORABLE. Seriously. Anyway, you might be intrigued to know that in preschool, I cut off all of my own bangs, and then began cutting another girl's hair off. My mother was called, (and was mortified and angry), and I was sent home. I hear countless stories of wannabe hairdresser tots! It's almost like a rite of passage or something? But I do not blame you in the slightest for being angry, considering this was his second foray into the world of hairdressing.