Monday, August 28, 2006

Movies and Books...

I'm not going to argue against the old "books are way better than movies." We all know it's true. Knowing this, I watch movies made from books with as much distance from the book as possible so I can 1. enjoy the movie's plot and acting and 2. enjoy the cinemetography. See, I already know that the movie is going to suck compared to the book as far as detail and mind captivation so I just want to enjoy the movie because, well, I paid 50 cents for it! (We have a 50 cent Tuesdays theather! It rocks!)

Also, I will say that I've been a huge Jane Austen fan since my junior year high school lit class. My teacher loved her and so do I, now. I've read her main novels (except the unfinished one) and truly love her sardonic attitude. I could've been friends with her!

Anyway, I finally saw the newest Pride and Predjudice. I LOVED it! Seriously, I LOVED it! Kiera Knightly wasn't just a boob-a-licious babe (like in Pirates of Caribbean) but she truly resembled Austen's original character. And her counterpart, Mr. Darcy, was just perfect. Again, not too Hollywood overkill hunk, but the best of the leading men. And the scenery was amazing. This is a definite go see.

I also just rented Failure to Launch. Not cute. Not funny. Not anything even remotely agreeable about the movie. Sorry.

No comments: