Friday, August 04, 2006

Josh Day 3:

Most people would think that cousins are basically the same rank on the familial social ladder. However, since I have 17 years on Josh, the balances are tilted highly in my favor. And, even worse, since one of my pet-peeves is inappropriate phone usage (during mealtimes or in the middle of other conversations), the poor kid got his phone taken away a few times while he was here.
What exacerbated the issue was listening to conversations that went something like this:
I know you think I'm ugly.
Yeah, you think I'm ugly.
Seriously, it's okay that you think I'm ugly.
And that kind of talking would go on for about 5 minutes. Honestly, my conversations are mostly minutia but this was more than I could bear. What made it worse were the awful conversations with two 14-year-olds giving eachother relationship advice. Yes, relationship advice. Apparently, 14-year-olds are chock full of relationship advice. Hmmmm. Maybe that's why the teenage years totally sucked for all of us.

No comments: