Saturday, August 05, 2006

Josh Day 4:

We finally did something relatively fun with the lad...we played games. Settlers of Catan, to be exact and the kid learned the game so fast I couldn't believe it. While the Catan series is my favorite, it's fairly complicated. And he certainly picked it up fast!
Quotable:
"ICP (Insane Clown Posse is a music group) has some songs about having sex with dead women but their beat is, like, good." --Josh
Yes, I was discussing music with a young 14-year old and that was my biggest mistake of his visit so far. A sentence like that is enough to throw a cardiac arrest at a reasonably healthy (although pregnant) younger woman. All I can say is that there is no possible musical note and instrument combination on the planet that compensates for such hideous lyrics. Furthermore, there is no possible way to take those lyrics and form a decent band. Was I actually having a conversation with a Christian young man or a freak? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was just trying to show off his "knowledge" of the outside world.

No comments: