Friday, January 08, 2010

The Last Day in Cali



Texas

Wine Country...and gorgeous!

Well, what I really wanted to do on my way home was drive through Vegas just so I could say I saw it but I had some car issues. Scratching my road trip home hurt my feelings more than anything but I was amazingly calm and serene about the whole affair. Hmmmm. Must've been due to a weeks vacation! But, if you must leave California, then an airplane is one way to go. In the end, I flew out of Burbank and I missed seeing my friend and her new twins. That might be my biggest regret. I really didn't want to drive LA at night (I know, I'm a wuss) and I was truly exhausted from the week's activities.

But I can tell you that I am so glad I went and even more glad I went alone. Okay all you mommies out there....go vacationing alone! Trust me! You all know what a social butterfly I am (and I did meet some great people) and I was still completely happy alone. I also have to say that I only watched 1 hour of TV in the entire week, and that is a lot for me! I am now home, refreshed, and much more patient with my kiddos. I even feel like cooking and cleaning again! Life is good.

Maybe my next trip will be to Mexico and include a stop in Vegas. I would really love to see it but you'll have to hold my credit card for me. ;)

7 comments:

Peter said...

Very nice blog. Keep it up.

TzO said...

Liked to pictures.

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

Wow, the pictures are amazing! Come to Vegas in the Spring ... your camera will love us!

Disco said...

How beautiful!

Coricakes said...

the last picture is absolutely amazing!

Chris Noffsinger said...

You visited Cali with paying me a visit. How could it be? I'd love to hear how you're doing...

The Mama of the House said...

I was there but I didn't go very far south...I found out I'm a northern Cali lover. You can find me on FaceBook and then I can give you my email and we can catch up. I've had more going on than I even know how to tell you. Have a lovely week.