Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day 2: Point Reyes Lighthouse








After church on Sunday I drove all the way around the little bay I was in and landed at Point Reyes Lighthouse. One of the few things I regret on this little excursion was not getting an earlier start to my trip. I should have stopped at North Beach and South Beach also but it was getting dark by the time I was done with my excellent tour and I didn't want to drive "home" after dark.

That said, however, the lighthouse was an incredible thing to behold. Or rather, the views from the lighthouse were incredible to behold. I am embarrassed to say, however, that after doing the incline all summer long and climbing the 14ers, I *still* had to stop and rest in the middle of the huge staircase leading to the lighthouse itself. Of course, I blamed it on all the amazing photo opportunities.

A last little factoid: I sat next to Ken Patrick's wife on the plane ride from DIA to California. She was such an interesting and amazing woman that I almost just went home with her and spent the week at her house. In retrospect I am glad I didn't but on the other hand, she would've been amazing company for me.

No comments: