Friday, November 04, 2005

The Homeschooling Dilemma

First and foremost, I know we've been commanded by God to educate our children in His ways. What I wonder often is what that means exactly. Do I have to homeschool or can I schlep them off on someone else. And it's not that I don't love them but it is that I feel totally incompetent to do the work assigned to me.

The truth is that I love my children and am not willing to throw them like sheep to the slaughter in the public schools. And the Christian schools still have an adverse moral effect on small children.

And then something strangely comforting happened. I spent 2 days at a homeschooling family's home helping them get caught up. It then occurred to me that this home education business isn't so bad after all! I can do it and still be sane. There are many people in my life that can help me with the process and give me great advice. So I don't have to know everything now (my oldest is 3) but I can still do the work God set out for me. Ahhhhhh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.