Friday, September 15, 2006

Our town...

I just wanted to quickly say that we live in the absolutely coolest town ever. It truly is a paradise (defined by breathtaking scenery, no humidity, and no bugs). But the cheap entertainment around here really beats all. I took the family out for a rare dining out experience (I love to cook and my husband prefers to eat in) and we spent $8 for ALL 4 of us to eat our fill. Mind you, I didn't say $8 each, I said $8 TOTAL! We have this great little hole in the wall Chinese food place where everything on the menu is $1.49 and it's great food (no MSG). Plus, we have a $1 theater (yes, the movies are old but we don't care) that on Tuesdays sell all tickets for 50 cents. The four of us can see an older movie for $2. If I wasn't married and a man, I'd take all my dates out on Tuesdays and do that deal. With prices like those, we can buy a popcorn and soda.
I love my town!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O yes indeed. We do miss the Springs most days. Europe is pretty sweet, but we miss the cozy life so near to people we love. We are ever more thankful for the time we spent with our Colorado family in that beautiful area. If it were not for our biological relatives, we would probably seriously consider trying to get back to the (real) mountains. It's good to see you all are doing well. We are praying for you as you near birthing time. We know that you are in very capable midwife hands.

The Mama of the House said...

Well, I have to admit that I'd go to Europe in a heartbeat for a couple of years. As much as I love my hometown, there's just nothing like Europe's history and architecture. I'd love to go back!