Saturday, February 09, 2008

The In-Laws Save the Day

For Baby #4, my wonderful in-laws again come to my rescue. I'm thrilled to have them here and I think they also enjoy being here, as well. My mother-in-law attends to the daily rigamorole and the kids absolutely love being around her. She takes them on walks to the park and isn't too picky about school work. What could be better than that?

My father-in-law is a wonderful mix of my Husband and myself. He does the grocery shopping and runs all kinds of useful errands around town. But he also fixes all kinds of little piddly projects as well as finishes the big ones! He (mostly) singlehandedly switched the beds from the basement all the way up to the top floor of house. One was a bunk bed!!!!! And his next project is going to be hanging some pictures in Peanut's revamped bedroom. I love that he loves projects!

My house is running without me quite well, thank you very much. It's nice to not be needed but on the other hand is a bit strange to have a nap, awaken to a too quiet home, and then wonder where the children are! As odd as it is, I do have the consolation that it's taking extra effort on my wonderful Husband's part as well as both of my in-laws to accomplish my duties every day. Granted, they get more done quantitatively, but it still takes 3 of them to do it! Watching from a distance also makes me realize how much I love my kids and how much more work I need to do with them. I'm also very thankful that I've got all kinds of daily routines so when I have to jump back into the saddle again I'll know what to do when. And it won't be too hard for the kids to get back into our boring routines.

1 comment:

Martin and Tina said...

How great is it to have oma and opa there to share this special time. Cherish every moment!