Thursday, May 31, 2007

And It's Not Even April Fool's Day!


Welcome to our big news! We're expecting another bouncing baby bundle of Boonz bliss and I am very ready! Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm pregnant again. Little Kiki will be only a scant 14 months old (approximately) when #4 hits the bedroom floor after the birth. (Don't freak out, I give birth at home and Kiki came out on the floor because I couldn't move!) So, for all 3 of you out there who keep up with the news, we are thrilled to welcome our next child. For the record, I still want one more. Just one more and that's not too many! Steve has said he's willing to practice on trying for a 5th...hmmm.
And, this next one had better be like our second child and not our third or first!
Bug: cranky, screaming and spitting child
Peanut: calm, sleeping and happy baby
Kiki: complaining, whining and even more spitting sweetie
#4: docile, sweet and cooing cutie
Dad always makes his "predictions" about the baby's due date and gender and the answers are:
We ought to be welcoming a beautiful boy on January 19th at 4:32am.
The only bummer (and Dana, forgive me for saying it) is that my otherwise phenomenal midwife is going to do the ultrasound. For those of you who don't remember, let's recap. She assured me (90% positive!) that little Kiki would be a boy. Then, just a few short days before her entrance, Dana then said that she might've read the ultrasound wrongly and that it could actually be a girl. Out she popped and there was no penis. So, we will see the ultrasound and check out the photos (that I can't actually ever figure out) and then hope she is right!
For the record I do want to say that if you're planning on having children, move to the Front Range and hire Dana. Honestly. I've done both hospital and home and Dana is the very best midwife one could find! I LOVE her!

10 comments:

Suzann said...

Wow! Congratulations! What wonderful news - having them close together may seem hard at first but they will be the best of friends later on. This is so great and I'm very happy for you! Take Care of yourself and keep those updates comin' :0)

Anonymous said...

Ok, do I make 4 that read your blog? Congratulations! I am thrilled for you and Steve.

The Mama of the House said...

Thanks, Cathy! Yes, you are 4! :) I love my 4 readers!

Leigh Hope Fountain said...

Congrats! Wow. I don't know how you do it! Can't even begin to imagine! You must have more energy than most teenagers!

Michelle D said...

No Way!!! Congrats you crazy girl with beautiful babies:) Hey guess what? We are contemplating moving back to CO for a year or so if our tour here ends sooner than thought. I've been dreaming of Chipolte, the zoo, thrift stores, your bakery and fabulous friends who make me chocolate chip cookies! We'll see...

The Mama of the House said...

Leigh--I really don't have more energy than a teen I'm just not ashamed to go to bed at 9:30pm! And it really isn't that hard...well, some days it is that hard, but not usually.

I have a few wonderful secrets up my sleeve! They have to have quiet time daily (Mama needs it!). They have to play outside for at least an hour a day--it wears them out nicely. And, I don't let them watch TV because they learn to play by themselves and with each other leaving me to sit and eat bon bons (yum!).

The Mama of the House said...

Michelle--REALLY!?!?!?! Do you even know how much I would love that? I would love to have the opportunity to kiss your boys' faces for a whole year, preferably daily! :) Tell your hubby that you have to come and we'd love to have you back even if it's only for a year.

cj said...

Congratulations! Babies are a blessing, and it's great to have siblings close in age. Now that you have twice as many children as us, do we get twice as many date nights?

Kakoii said...

Congratulations! A new baby is always a welcome blessing though I admit I'm glad I stopped welcoming blessings- I did always think that it may have been easier had I gone ahead with a 4th- you know and avoided that third wheel syndrome. Oh well, those days are over but yours are just beginning. I'll enjoy reading of your 4th pregnancy adventures! And Congratulations again!

PLAIN KIDS said...

Congratulations! We just welcomed our fourth at 18 months after the last, and it has actually been great! I pray that you won't have too many green days in the beginning!