Monday, March 12, 2007

Homeschooling Stuff...

For this used-to-be-teacher, there aren't too many things more fun than pouring over curricula and product cataloges. Now, that may sound tedious and dull for those of you out there who don't just love books and teaching, but it's a thrill for me. I just bought a curriculum guide from Logos School (for those of you who know and love Douglass Wilson, this is his school in Moscow) and I can't wait to get it in the mail. On Saturday I spent quite a while at various websites looking for new and used books to buy. Amazon.com and eBay.com were horridly disapointing!

I've mostly organized my thoughts about what to teach and when and can't wait to implement it in the fall (I'm going to wait so I can be as ready as possible). My Bug is going to memorize, memorize, memorize and start his Spanish lessons. He will also get to go to a charter school one day a week with his good friends. Granted, the most fun aspect of the charter school will be walking home from school with "the gang." And maybe the crafting projects because I hate making messes of things with crafts and I can't figure out any good ideas! Hey, I was secondary ed for a reason!

No comments: