Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mount Rushmore






(This was the last view we saw of the presidents as we were leaving this morning. That moon was perfectly placed!)

(All the state flags are here in this walkway...I took Mom's photo in front of Kansas and the kids' photos in front of Colorado.)
(I only took this photo because I SO want to move to Montana. *sigh* Maybe someday.)

The kids and I dragged Mom on a 10 hour drive up to Mount Rushmore and it was worth every second in the car! I was stunned at how incredibly stellar the views were on the drive itself and the monument was a worthy goal. As you can see by some of these photos, the kids had a great time and so did Mom and I. Now it is painfully clear to me that you can't have a road trip without someone (Kiki) puking in the car and a nasty buffet breakfast. But, again, totally worth it. The kids and I already decided that next summer we're renting an RV and going up to the Badlands and then maybe back up to Rushmore. There was so much to do there that really we could've stayed a week. What do I most regret? Not going to Bear Country USA...I am NOT missing that next summer!

No comments: