Thursday, June 14, 2007

Nephew Jon is Here--

First, let me say that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are incredibly wonderful and brave for sending their son out to visit us for 4 weeks. We've been begging family to come out for ages and FINALLY someone comes. And Jon is actually here to work. Yup, a 16-year-old who wants some experience working in the pastry chef field, came to our humble abode to work with my hubby. And, for the record, I'd feel sorry for Jon that he's working with Steve except that he lives with Steve's brother whom Steve quite takes after.

As far as I can tell so far, his only fault is that he's a reformed baptist. Maybe we can fix him....


Okay, so this isn't the most flattering photo of Jon but you can see Steve's due diligence in putting the boy to work!


Again, not flattering, but this time washing the now oil changed vehicle. Nothing like a bit of slave labor! And I will get better photos but these candids have to do for now.


There's Bug shooting from the hip! Boys and their power washers are a happy pair indeed.

And here is my precious little Peanut cleaning the driveway. Honestly, we're not that clean. I'm wondering if she wouldn't mind moving to the kitchen floor....

2 comments:

Kakoii said...

I wonder if I sent my teenagers away if they would work as diligently? Perhaps I can make a trade with another mother! Enjoy your time with the extra helper. This experience will give you a glimpse into your own future with teenage children! It's actually a wonderful time, I have enjoyed my children tremendously through each stage of their development! I would DEFINATELY do it all over again!

The Mama of the House said...

You really don't have to trade--just send your boys to cj (and I'll take them if she doesn't want them!) and she and I will do all of the work! I know she would love to have her nephew here and enjoy him and Steve would like the help at the bakery.